Golden Birthday - Gift Basket Ideas

If you know me in real life, you'll know that I am a crafting addict, so I figured I'd add in another page onto the blog because why not.  This first post is in regards to the perfect fun gift for the Golden Birthday.  The Golden Birthday is considered someone's lucky birthday where you turn the age of your date of birth.  While I have yet to celebrate my Golden Birthday, this year my older brother celebrated his!  He turned 28 on the 28th of June and little did he know he was also getting a surprise party.  I had about a week and a half to prepare my gift but had no idea what to do, so I turned to Pinterest (naturally).  I was inspired by a few users but I had to spin it because some baskets were too girly or too young for him.

While the basket was a little more time consuming than let's say just buying him a gift card and calling it a day, I was so happy with my result!  The final challenge was getting the basket down there in one piece as I was taking the bus down to Washington D.C. from NYC...

What's in the basket?! Basically everything in the basket has gold in it or a decent yellow.  Be sure to play with puns and get creative.

Candies:
  • Haribo Gummy Bears
  • Ghiradelli Chocolate - milk chocolate has the gold wrappers however if you get the variety pack like me the outside packaging works!
  • Ferrero Rocher (3 pack)
  • Twix - bag
  • Butterfingers - individual
  • Reese's Miniature Cups (or miniature cups stuffed with Reese's Pieces)

Other Food Options:
  • Rold & Gold Pretzels
  • Golden Oreos
  • Hershey's Gold
  • Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolate with Almonds
  • Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Almonds
  • Goldfish


Alcohol:
If you want to add alcohol, I suggest getting a few of the mini bottles so you can save room, add variety, and have fun with it.
  • Jose Cuervo Especial Gold
  • Bacardi Gold
As for beer, grab the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold


Misc. Items:
Now for this section I literally just happened to stumble upon gold items or items with yellow with them. My brother doesn't wear any sort of jewelry and already had a watch so those options were out of the question.  All  items that I found were from Marshall's & T.J. Maxx
  • Black Socks with red solo cups on them
  • Gold Beach Ball
  • Gold Water Bottle
  • Pencil Cup (painted gold, I used it to hold some loose candies)
  • Basket (painted gold but I did see some at Michael's)
  • Tissue Paper
  • Worse comes to worse you can get a Visa or American Express gift card that is gold.


The gift and surprise party were hits!  The party turned out to be a Beer Olympics with teams fighting to win the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold!  Games included: Beer Pong, Civil War, Battleship, Water Balloon Toss, Slap Cup, Stump, and a few more that I'm forgetting.  Overall it was a blast complete with gold decorations and yes we got the gold 28 balloons too.



I hope this helps if you're struggling to put together a basket.  Got any ideas to contribute?  Leave them in the comments section below.  Happy crafting :)






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.