New Year, New Post?

3:30 PM

Happy 2019 to whoever is actually reading this on the internet!  It's been awhile and I've been torn if I actually wanted to continue this site in general or move it over to another hosting site or whatnot but I've just decided to write this post so who knows what can change for me.  As 2018 came to an end, I really ended up reflecting on a lot of it (like most people out there).  There were highs and lows but I survived and that's really all that counts.  I was able to do some traveling (New Orleans, San Diego, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, The Grand Canyon, and exploring my backyard of NYC), welcomed a new member into the family (well almost, I will officially have a sister-in-law in May), got my Master's Degree in Geography which truly tested me as a person, and in general, I shared great memories with some decent people.
I am not sure what is in store for me this year but I am trying to put a positive hat on and focus on happiness and hopefully more travels.  While I can't go to a new country every other weekend like some travel bloggers do I still would like to expand my horizons.  I know I will at least be checking out one new state this year as my brother will be getting married in Minnesota - so that will be fun!  As for the bridal shower and Bachelorette party, they will probably be in a state I've already been but hey at least I'm getting out there!
I'm lucky enough that my part time job wants to keep me on past the seasonal time period and now since I officially have my Master's I can try to apply for real people jobs.  It's scary but I am determined to get back into the real world and have more confidence doing it.  While I do love GIS, I have always faced the thoughts of "you aren't good enough" or "why did you even choose this field".  Well quite frankly for 2019 my whole goal is to think positively and to be kinder to myself because well if you can't even be kind to yourself how can you be better as a person?  It may sound like a cliche thing to write but it has been something that I have always struggled with.
I am hoping for many great things this year for not only me but everybody else out there.  We need a little positivity, and that will make all of the difference.  Even if I don't get a chance to go everywhere or if I have to face a few bumps along the way, I want to see more light than darkness this year.  Here's to you, 2019!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.